Saturday, May 16, 2009

Chicago Art Insititute's New Modern Wing Opens Today

One of the first stops Kate and I plan to make in a few weeks is at the Art Institute's new modern art wing. Blair Kamin at the Trib appears to be the primary commentator of the space, and I'm pasting a paragraph with links to his stories and a video tour. I'm quite excited to see the new Renzo Piano room (that's the architect's name) overlooking Millenium Park.

"In case you are looking for a quick aggregation of things I've written about the Modern Wing, here it is: first, a review of the building; second, a review of the pedestrian bridge that joins it to Millennium Park; third, a print version of a tour of the building that I took with Piano last year; fourth, a video version of that tour; and fifth, a profile of the architect."

No comments: