Saturday, December 19, 2009

Pastries, Pastries, Pastries


Thanks to the joys of French colonialism, Morocco is blessed with numerous patisseries. And for all of those post-colonial scholars, you can start revising your vitriol for colonialism. The French gave the people bread and cakes so people such as myself could maraud the country in search of exotic food and sweets. And if that ain't civilization, then I don't know what is.

So what else do I have to show from this trip? An extra inches. (You needn't worry, faithful masses, diarrhea helped shave those pounds.) I walked past two patisseries every day on my way to and from school, and I surrendered to temptation at least once a week. I snapped photos whenever possible. Unfortunately, I cannot dazzle with descriptions of their nutty texture, crispy crusts, or opulent creams. Select details rattle around in my hurried mind, but I think the photos will suffice for this round.

No comments: