Monday, October 5, 2009

Final Harvest



Before we departed, the weather indicated a likely freeze was on its way for Denver, so I opted to collect all of the green tomatoes of decent size for indoor ripening. I collected them in a fabric grocery bag. The bulk were green with a few ones with bits of color dotting the bottoms of a few. Since pulling them, several ripened and we will slice them for grilled pizzas on Wednesday.










I placed the bag unevenly on a scale and it registered thirty pounds. After picking it up several times, we concluded that the bag weighed more than thirty, and closer to forty. Our total produce, then, totaled to approximately fifty-five pounds, with the obvious bulk from the green machines on the left. My goal this week is to pull the remaining vines and clear the area now that crisp fall days are here and my allergies are less likely to bother me. All told, we are happy with our garden, with clear improvements for next year if we're around.

No comments: