Sunday, October 25, 2009

Travel Reading for Morocco

I have eleven days before I depart. I have a laundry list of tasks that await completion before I leave. Fortunately, I have picked my books and most are resting on my bookshelf. So that's one less bump. Here is the list:

Julie Greene, The Canal Builders
Michael Chabon, The Yiddish Policemen's Union
Ernest Hemingway, A Farewell To Arms
Michel Foucault, The Order of Things An Archaeology of the Human Sciences
David Harvey, The Condition of Postmodernity
Mel Leffler, For the Soul of Mankind: The US, the Soviet Union, and the Cold War

Some of these I've started, skimmed, or wanted to tackle for quite a while. In addition to those six, I have my Lonely Planet Morocco book and a few more Arabic instructional books. For six weeks, they should keep me occupied.

No comments: