Saturday, December 20, 2008

Kate and Brandon's Honeymoon Photos

After we married, Kate and I plotted an ambitious honeymoon. Little did we know that we would return with horrendous stories instead of quipping about days spent locked in hotel rooms. Well, I guess it's only fair to say that there were jokes about being stuck in hotel rooms, but not of the sort one would enjoy. On the fourth day (21 June 2007, 5 PM mountain) in Puerto Lopez, Ecuador I contracted camphlyobacter that ravaged my stomach for most of the trip. I couldn't eat for four to five days and those few days were mostly shuttling around Peru and Ecuador in chaotic bus trips or even scarier plane rides. I remained determined to see Machu Picchu, and I turned the corner a day or two before with a return to food. The trip was still rather tough for me, but I use the camphlyobacter to date the beginning of our year or so from hell. Let this be a lesson to all of you: Living in sin was much easier, as Kate and I both agree.

Here are some photos:



No comments: