Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Spare a dime, Wal-Mart?

The family of the worker trampled in Wal Mart on Black Friday is suing Wal-Mart for wrongful death. Here are the consoling words from a Wal-Mart rep (from huffpost):

"We consider Mr. Damour part of the Wal-Mart family, and are saddened by his death," the statement said. "We have been in communication with members of his family to do what we can to help them through this difficult time. Our associates know that when incidents like this occur, we take care of our own."

If you take care of your own, then how do you let an "associate" get trampled? Here's a neat fact, Jdimytai Damour was 6'5", 270 pounds. I thought he might have been shrimpy like me. I can easily see myself caught like a deer in headlights as a wall of shoppers comes barreling down on me as if I were Rick Moranis in Honey I Shrunk the Kids. Wal-Mart bears responsibility for its actions and lack of proper safety protocols.

No comments: