Friday, November 14, 2008

The anti-recommendation

After deliberating on where to eat on Thursday, D Snyder, Kate, and I settled on Fat Cat Noodle House on the Hill, near campus. What a mistake. There was little besides the ambiance and the company that made it remotely pleasant. Not only did the waiter forget to take our order, he screwed it up (Kate and I ordered a dish with Pork, we got chicken; Doug didn't even get what he ordered), he spaced Doug's edamame but made up for that by bringing an extra bowl and giving Doug a free PBR.

On top of that, the food was mediocre at best and my dish was crap. Kate and I ordered a sesame noodle dish that was listed as spicy. Not only was it devoid of any spice, my noodles were saturated with peanut sauce. The peanut soup overpowered any other flavors. It's not like I said, "hey, buffalo jim, why don't you zap some peanut butter until it's runny and pour it in a bowl with some noodles on top." Kate's dish proved to be better than my own. The combination of poor service and worse food reveals why I should trying new places on the Hill unless it comes with nothing short of sterling references.

No comments: