Monday, November 3, 2008

Ker-splat goes the skateboarder

I nailed a skateboarder with my bike this morning on campus. Around 9:20 or so, the sidewalks aren't packed and I can ride my bike to my office in Hellems Hall. It was a situation where neither of us could tell which way the other was turning and I braked hard to stop. I wasn't going fast, he was going downhill, and it resulted with him crashing into me. Maybe I shouldn't have buried my helmet and shoulder into him. (I swear, it was an instinctual reaction to deflect the impact.) He took a nasty fall on the concrete but he didn't appear to bleed or chip a tooth, and he realized it was as much his fault as mine. (Except I had brakes.) His board punctured my bike tube and I had to waste time getting a patch for the snakebite.

No comments: